Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Generic update

I went home this weekend. It was great. My parents set up this whole dinner thing at the Buca Di Beppo, and it was supposed to be a few people, including Rob and Karen, Jack and Nora, and my grandparents who just came down from North Carolina for the winter. However, the hurricane forced some of my family from south Florida out to other places, so there ended up being another seven family members there: my grandparents on the other side, my Aunt Donna and Uncle George (the doctor who harasses me about being a lawyer, but in good fun), my Aunt Robin, and her two children, Michelle (12), and Amber (4). It gave a kind of preview of the wedding, with different social groups blending, and it was good. Of course, the thing they bonded over was the same thing everyone bonds over, making fun of me. But that's ok. half the time when I make a joke it is making fun of myself. Anyway, I won't be back home again until winter break, because finals eat poo. It actually coincides nicely with Rob's expected lack of Halo. Perhaps when I need a study break, I will pick up the guitar again instead. I have gotten into playing again a little, but I really want to get back into writing. I may have to tie down Adam and Janelle to be guinea pigs for songs. Or maybe I could just play for the actual guinea pigs. Peace out, word to your mothers, and Happy Halloween!

4 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Janelle said...

Ooooh I bet the guinea pigs would like it. So would I, as a matter of fact.

 
At 11/01/2005 8:39 AM, Blogger KEG said...

Oh no!! The poor guinea pigs! Quick, get them some earplugs!

Just kidding, I'm sure they'd love to find someone 10 times their size, with a big wooden object with pointy ends hoovering over them making weird faces and directing loud noises at them. (:

 
At 11/01/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger KEG said...

btw, sorry we left so early on Saturday... I considered going back a couple of times, but I felt guilty leaving Rob home since he was throwing up. :(

 
At 11/01/2005 1:14 PM, Blogger Philawsopher said...

I understand, it's cool. I'm sorry I couldn't come over to see you guys on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home