Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Do musical juices come from musical fruits?

If so, then why is bean juice not more readily available in American supermarkets? I need to get my musical juices flowing. Anyway, today I finally figured out how to get my Cakewalk to work. Kind of. There was a technical issue, because DirectX 9.0 is not as backwards compatible as Microsoft would lead one to believe, and my version of Cakewalk is a couple years old. However, when I finally figured out what to do, via the troubleshooter, I was asked for the serial number. The serial number is in the box, which I can only assume is in the trash, since, as previously stated, the program is two years old, and even I don't keep empty boxes that long. So, I called technical support, who promptly directed me to customer service, who promptly put me on hold. It was actually slightly interesting hearing what kind of music a company who enables music creation plays on hold. Mostly non-descript techno beats. Anyway, I was finally geeted by someone whose name I couldn't make out because of the static (admittedly on my end) who kindly told me that if I e-mailed him a picture of the actual cd, then he could send me a new serial number. I got his e-mail address, took a couple webcam shots, and sent them. I hope he will get back to me tomorrow, as I know they close at 6:00 eastern. So, the point of this ramble is twofold. Firstly, it's just cool that I completely expected to have to yell and beg for a new serial number only to be ultimately turned down, that I am incredibly excited that things turned out so well, assuming he actually e-mails me back with a new serial number tomorrow. Secondly, I don't have to use Adam and Janelle (and their guinea pigs) as guinea pigs. Or rather, I can make recordings, and use all of you as guinea pigs, assuming you consent thereto. Mwahahaha! Peace out, word to your mothers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home