Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Goodbye law and literature

Well, I got my last paper back from my Law and Literature professor today. It was interesting, I wrote essentially that I was tired of him accusing all of us of being future sellouts. He kept implying that we are all going to go out and let ourselves be corrupted by the world of lawyers. I basically said that I was going to do what was right, rather than what was profitable, and that I do realize at the outset that there will be times that it seems like I am never getting anything done, and that for every case I finish, there will be three more coming in to replace it. Anyway, I figured, based on the class discussions and the comments on my last papers that he would just call me naive and idealistic, and I would change my opinion as I got older. Instead, he told me "Good. You got the point. A+" I will not miss waiting until 4:45 for a class, or getting out at 6:45, but I will miss the discussions, and getting my thoughts down in writing once every other week. I am almost sure that I will not be able to keep that up without a deadline and a grade. Anyway, peace out, word to your mothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home