Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Restarting

So my brother is starting a blog about moving to NYC. Thus I am restarting my blog, inspired by my brother. Since my last post, I have become a Public Defender. To be honest, I was worried about whether I could defend criminals every day. But as it turns out, I love it. It's not really about defending criminals. It's about helping people. The system is not intuitive or simple, it's incredibly complicated, and alot of it doesn't make any sense on it's face. People need help understanding what the Hell's going on, what the rules are, and what it really means to choose between a plea agreement and a trial. It's really not like it is on TV. And it's also about defending the Constitution. It sounds cliche, but everyone has a right to a trial, has the right to have the state prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, has the right to have an attorney fight for them to the best of their ability, etc. I really believe in what I do now, and hopefully after a while, you'll see why. Peace out, and word to your mothers.

"Public Defenders stand alone, armed only with their wits, training and dedication. Inspired by their clients' hope, faith and trust, they are the warriors and valkyries of those desperately in need of a champion. Public Defenders, by protecting the downtrodden and the poor, shield against the infringement of our protections and, in reality, protect us all." -Hightower v. State, 592 So.2d 689 (Fla. 3d DCA, 1991)

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2008 9:26 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Word! Looks like I found it, hehe... maybe some time when I'm not at work I'll go ahead and log into my account and add you to my blog... catch you later man...

- Chris

 
At 6/30/2008 9:27 AM, Blogger Chris said...

P.S. Obviously you can see this morning has started out pretty busy at the office, hehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home