Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Undefeated!

I went to trial for the first time today, and I am ecstatic to report that I was successful. Granted, he pled no contest, which is kind of like a forfeit, but the end result is that my client now has a permanent injunction (restraining order, essentially) against her abusive boyfriend. Since he didn't contest it, my experience arguing in front of the judge was very limited, but it was more than nothing, and it is more important that my client got the injunction. And besides, there was so much work and research before the trial, that it doesn't feel like I wasted my time at all. In fact, quite the opposite. While I was interviewing my client last week, I think I realized that yes, this is where I belong, this is what I want to do. It was a great experience. I used my skills in logic and my education in law, and put them together to help someone in need. And I was successful. Hell yeah. Peace out, and word to your mothers!

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Eric! I'm very proud of you and very glad that your first experience was such a rewarding one. I've got another CD ready to send to you. Should be in the mail sometime this week. And it's mostly only fun songs so you can rock out on the way to your job. I didn't want to make your brain hurt in order to inspire you.

Eric is my hero!

 
At 5/23/2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Philawsopher said...

And congratulations to you also!! I saw on your blog that you are now published! That is so awesome. You are the coolest ever. Congratulations!

 
At 5/25/2006 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay us! We so rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home