Cheap Like Your Mom

Eclectic. I think that pretty much describes it. Yep. Eclectic.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekend

This past weekend was a great one. I went home, and spent time with my grandparents on Friday. Satuday, Erin, my parents, and I went to see Wicked, which was really good. Not the best I've ever seen (but I tend to compare everything to my favorite, Les Miserables), but probably the funniest, and it had a decent amount of political satire, and themes about perspective. Mostly, it really was a lot of fun to watch. Anyway, on Sunday, I worked on my car with Erin's Dad. I had gone to the Saturn dealer in Tallahassee last Thursday, and they had told me (after an hour and a half) that they needed to replace my cabin air filter, engine air filter, and windshield wipers, and that this wasn't covered in my maintenance plan. I don't remember how much they wanted for the air filter replacements, because I had no frame of reference, but I saw that the price of changing out my windshield wipers was $38, and having replaced them once myself, I decided that this was bull, and I would figure something else out. So Erin's dad helped me replace the parts myself (except the cabin air filter which is apparently inside of some other stuff) and I was flabbergasted by how simple, quick, and easy it was. And cheap, comparatively. The windshield wipers were about $16 and about 2 minutes of labor, and replacing the air filter took even less time, and only cost $10. Anyway, I was proud of myself for not being dependant on the dealer's ability to fix my car, and I just enjoy learning new things. I especially don't like feeling like I know nothing about a certain subject, and cars are a subject that I know little or nothing about. Also, as my Intellectual Property class continues to shed light on my understanding of copyright law, I am deciding, I think, that it is a bad idea in general to post my songs online, in addition to the problem of figuring out how to go about posting them. As such, I will be glad (excited, even) to play them for you live, any time that I am around, and have a guitar within reach. There's still just the one, but hopefully, many more will follow. Anyway, I will talk to you all later. Peace out, and word to your mothers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home